Cambridge International AS & A Level Drama Student's Book
Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Level & Subject: Cambridge International AS & A Level Drama
For examination from 2021 (AS Level), 2022 (AS and A Level)
The Student’s Book is structured to build skills and knowledge in a clear sequence, and to help students to apply their skills. With in-depth coverage of the syllabus topics and a stimulating range of international play script extracts, this is the ideal resource for advanced level drama study.
• Offers a clear route through the syllabus, helping teachers to plan for the first years of teaching and find material for each Component of the course.
• Fosters a creative, experiential approach with practical activities in every unit and suggestions of how to experiment with imaginative approaches to individual tasks.
• Introduces the excitement of World Theatre: a chapter on World Theatre traditions and practitioners enables students to draw on this knowledge in their own practice throughout the course and opens avenues for further exploration.
• Helps students to acquire a vocabulary of performing arts terms with Key terms boxes throughout and a collated Glossary of key terms.
• Supports successful writing with clear modelling of the planning, structuring and writing process, and sample writing at different levels.
• Provides an exciting range of high quality, international play script extracts for students to perform individually and in groups.
• Contextualises plays for international students – Key context boxes introduce texts and their social, historical and cultural contexts, while Vocabulary boxes explain any culturally specific vocabulary or references.
• Differentiated to support all learners with Thinking more deeply sections in each chapter to stretch those who require a challenge, and a clear, accessible writing style to assist international learners.
• Written by experienced A Level drama teachers, whose expertise includes technical and production skills as well as devising, performing and writing.
• Supports teachers through the free, editable scheme of work available on www.collins.co.uk/cambridge-international-downloads.
This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education.
Author: Holly Barradell, Rebekah Beattie, Gail Deal, Mike Gould and Emma Hollis, Series edited by Emma Hollis
Curriculum: Cambridge International Education
Dimension: 7.5 x 10.5 inches
Edition: Student Edition
Isbn 10: 0008326142
Pages: 208 pages
Release date: 18-03-2020
Series: Cambridge International AS & A Level Drama