Explore ways to teach students how to establish, maintain, and restore relationships with this Community Workshop Toolkit. SEL workshops are 2 hours or less and take a constructivist approach.
Each toolkit is valid for 1 year and is intended to be used by one teacher for SEL professional development over the course of that year. This toolkit is for Grades/Year 6-12 teachers looking to understand Social-Emotional Learning and its framework.
The main focus of this SAMPLE toolkit are the CASEL competencies of:
- Relationship Skills
- Responsible Decision-making
The Community Toolkit
Being part of a healthy community and feeling a sense of belonging is necessary for all people to be well. In this toolkit of workshops, we focus on guiding our students through establishing, maintaining, and restoring healthy relationships through: empathy, boundaries, consent and many more SEL-aligned strategies.
1. Teaching Healthy Relationships
Learn how teachers can model and teach healthy relationship building including establishing, maintaining, and restoring relationships. This workshop focuses mainly on the CASEL competency of relationship skills.
Capstone: Create a relationship-building activity
2. Complex Social Situations
Explore strategies teachers can use when helping students navigate complex social situations. This workshop focuses on the CASEL competencies of relationship skills, responsible decision-making, and self-management.
Capstone: Design a resource for your classroom based on the workshop examples
3. The Power of Words
Model and teach healthy communication strategies including conflict resolution and non-violent communication. This workshop emphasizes relationship skills and social awareness.
Capstone: Create your SEL-aligned communication action plan
4. Restorative Practices
Discover how restorative practices benefits schools and classrooms by healing relationships, supporting constructive conflict resolution, and decreasing discipline issues. This workshop focuses mainly on the CASEL competencies of relationship skills, responsible decision-making, and self-management.
Capstone: Create a restorative practice plan for your classroom
- Interactive elements to make your learning more engaging
- Real classroom examples of SEL situations
- Downloadable classroom-ready resources
- Create your own custom resources throughout the workshop
- Engage with a community of peers in the discussion boards
- 2-hour completion certificate for each SEL workshop theme
- All 4 SEL workshop themes will take approximately 8-12 hours for completion
- Visit https://seltrove.net/bundle/community-bundle-middle-high-school for additional toolkit information.
SEL workshops are 2 hours or less and take a constructivist approach.