Delve into the foundational principles of SEL in this Workshop Toolkit with the goal of shaping your teaching style and school philosophy to better align with SEL. SEL workshops themes are 2 hours or less and take a constructivist approach.
Each toolkit is valid for 1 year and is intended to be used by one teacher for SEL professional development over the course of that year. This toolkit is for Grades/Year Kindergarten - 5th-grade teachers looking to understand Social-Emotional Learning and its framework.
The main focus of this Toolkit is the 5 CASEL competencies and how they relate to each other.
The SEL Foundations Toolkit
This toolkit focuses on creating an SEL-aligned teaching style by learning about the foundational principles of SEL including:
- The pedagogies and competencies of SEL in Elementary school.
- Creating an SEL Classroom Environment in Elementary school.
- SEL focussed Classroom Management in Elementary school.
- The Brain science behind SEL in Elementary school.
- SEL and you: An Elementary school teachers tool.
1. The Pedagogies and Competencies of SEL in Elementary School
Explore all 5 CASEL competencies and learn how you can use a teaching style that weaves SEL into your content and classroom management. Focus on all 5 CASEL competencies.
Capstone: Create your SEL-aligned Teaching Philosophy
2. Creating an SEL Environment & Routine in your Classroom in your Elementary School
Learn how to create an SEL-aligned classroom environment to integrate SEL into your daily routine. Focus on social awareness, relationship skills, and self-awareness.
Capstone: Design your Classroom
3. SEL-Focused Classroom Management Strategies in Elementary School
Discover SEL-aligned classroom management strategies through case studies and real classroom examples. This workshop focuses heavily on relationship skills and self-management.
Capstone: Create your SEL-aligned Classroom Management Philosophy
4. SEL & the Brain: The Science Behind SEL in Elementary School
Learn how SEL benefits brain development in your students, and ways you can encourage healthy brain development with SEL-aligned teaching strategies. Focus on self-management.
Capstone: Reflection and discussion with other teachers taking this workshop
5. SEL and You: An Elementary School Teacher’s Tool
Gain new insight into teacher well-being with downloadable resources and tools to support you. Focus on self-awareness, self-management, and responsible decision-making.
Capstone: Create your own Well-being Toolkit
- Interactive elements to make your learning more engaging
- Real classroom examples of SEL situations
- Downloadable classroom-ready resources
- Create your own custom resources throughout the workshop
- Engage with a community of peers in the discussion boards
- 2-hour completion certificate for each SEL workshop theme
- All 5 SEL workshop themes take approximately 10-15 hours total for completion
- Visit https://seltrove.net/bundle/sel-foundation-bundle-es for additional information.