Learn ways to teach student well-being including healthy decision-making and using trauma-informed teaching strategies through the CASEL competencies of responsible decision-making and self-management.
Each toolkit is valid for 1 year and is intended to be used by one teacher for SEL professional development over the course of that year. This toolkit is for Grades/Year 6-12 teachers looking to understand Social-Emotional Learning and its framework.
The main focus of this Toolkit is the CASEL competency of:
- responsible decision-making
The Well-being Toolkit
Teachers learn how to teach, model, and support their students by regulating their emotions, evaluating consequences, and making healthy decisions.
Students benefit when their teachers are trained in teaching self-management and responsible decision-making. Teachers will come away with resources and tools to develop emotional regulation skills and critical thinking skills both in daily life and when using technology.
Inside this Toolkit:
1. Mindfulness & Gratitude Practices
Explore ways teachers can integrate mindfulness and gratitude practices into the classroom. Focus on self-management and social awareness.
Capstone: Reflect and connect with other SEL teachers on this topic
2. Mental Awareness
Learn about mental wellness in tweens and teens, and ways general education teachers can support healthy wellness. Focus on self-awareness, self-management, and relationship skills.
Capstone: Create an action plan for your classroom
3. Trauma-Informed Teaching Practices
Learn more about trauma and strategies for being a trauma-informed teacher. Focus on relationship skills, self-awareness, and social awareness.
Capstone: Create a self-care plan
4. Making Healthy Decisions
Discover SEL-aligned tools to teach healthy decision-making skills to elementary school students. Focus on responsible decision-making and self-management.
Capstone: Create a decision-making framework for your classroom
Investigate technology well-being including digital citizenship, media use, and teaching online safety. Focus on responsible decision-making and self-management.
Capstone: Connect with other SEL teachers in sharing application strategies
- Interactive elements to make your learning more engaging
- Real classroom examples of SEL situations
- Downloadable classroom-ready resources
- Create your own custom resources throughout the workshop
- Engage with a community of peers in the discussion boards
- 2-hour completion certificate for each SEL workshop theme
- All 5 SEL workshop themes will take approximately 10-15 hours to complete.
- Visit https://seltrove.net/bundle/well-being-bundle for additional product information.