Your Cart is empty
This book provides in-depth coverage of Pure Mathematics 1 for Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics 9709, for examination from 2020 onwards. With a clear focus on mathematics in life and work, this text builds the key mathematical skills and knowledge that will open up a wide range of careers and further study.
This student book is part of a series of nine books covering the complete syllabus for Cambridge International AS and A Level Mathematics (9709) and Further Mathematics (9231), for first teaching from September 2018. We are working with Cambridge International Examinations towards endorsement of this series. Written by expert authors, this Student Book:
• covers all the content of Pure Mathematics 1 with clear references to what you will learn at the start of each chapter, and coverage that clearly and directly matches the Cambridge syllabus
• sets mathematics in real-world contexts that emphasise practical applications and career paths, with inspiring case studies and discussion activities that showcase how mathematics is relevant to different roles
• develops the key A Level mathematical skills of mathematical modelling, problem-solving and communication through dedicated questions and teaching
• helps you master mathematics with varied practice to develop understanding, exam-style questions to test comprehension, and selected Cambridge past paper questions to help prepare for examination
• gives you control of your learning with prior knowledge checks to assess readiness and end-of-chapter summaries that test understanding
• supports you through the course with detailed explanations, clear worked examples and plenty of practice on each topic with full workings shown for each answer
• provides clear progression from IGCSE® Mathematics and develops confident, independent and reflective mathematicians through extension questions and group discussions
• supports mathematical communication and literacy with key terms for each topic explained and supported by a comprehensive glossary.