Cambridge International AS & A Level Art and Design (New 2018)
Equip your students to be creative and reflective artists with our brand new course book, the only resource fully matched to the Cambridge International AS and A Level Art & Design syllabus. The book promotes understanding of the key concepts, encourages critical practice, and builds confidence in practical skills and independent expression.
- The only course book on the market with full coverage of the Cambridge International AS and A Level Art & Design 9479 syllabus for first examination from 2019
- Guides students through the artistic process of observation and intention, context and concepts, development and refinement and audience and setting in all disciplines: fine art, graphic communication, three-dimensional design, and textiles and fashion
- Activities throughout improve students’ practical skills in a wide range of techniques
- Developed by an experienced team of teachers and practitioners
- Complete language support with key terms highlighted and definitions provided
- Dedicated sections supporting students through researching, planning, writing and reviewing their personal investigation as well as a practical guidance section at the end of the book
- Critical thinking boxes promote reflective practice in students
- Artist and designer features deepen awareness of contemporary and historical practitioners worldwide
- Materials, references and examples are drawn from a broad range of contexts worldwide, making this a truly international course book
- Suggestions for additional research to take students’ learning further
- Annotated student work so that students can learn from real-life examples
Collins is working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsement of this title.
the best resources
by real humans