Cambridge International AS & A Level Art and Design
Equip your students to be creative and reflective artists with our brand new course book, the only resource fully matched to the Cambridge International AS and A Level Art & Design syllabus. The book promotes understanding of the key concepts, encourages critical practice, and builds confidence in practical skills and independent expression.
- The only course book on the market with full coverage of the Cambridge International AS and A Level Art & Design 9479 syllabus for first examination from 2019
- Guides students through the artistic process of observation and intention, context and concepts, development and refinement and audience and setting in all disciplines: fine art, graphic communication, three-dimensional design, and textiles and fashion
- Activities throughout improve students’ practical skills in a wide range of techniques
- Developed by an experienced team of teachers and practitioners
- Complete language support with key terms highlighted and definitions provided
- Dedicated sections supporting students through researching, planning, writing and reviewing their personal investigation as well as a practical guidance section at the end of the book
- Critical thinking boxes promote reflective practice in students
- Artist and designer features deepen awareness of contemporary and historical practitioners worldwide
- Materials, references and examples are drawn from a broad range of contexts worldwide, making this a truly international course book
- Suggestions for additional research to take students’ learning further
- Annotated student work so that students can learn from real-life examples
Collins is working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsement of this title.
the best resources
by real humans